How to make sure that the person doing your accounts and BAS is a BAS Agent.

Did you know that a person, partnership or company cannot charge a fee for preparing your Business Activity Statement (BAS) unless they are a registered BAS Agent with the Tax Practitioners Board? The Tax Agent Services Act 2009 and Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009 were introduced last year and to be registered as a BAS Agent one must have the necessary education and work experience to complete a BAS. You can check the BAS Agent Register to make sure that the person prepar