How to make sure the person doing your accounts and BAS is a BAS Agent

Kelly Migro - Thursday, January 05, 2012

Did you know that a person, partnership or company cannot charge a fee for preparing your Business Activity Statement (BAS) unless they are a registered BAS Agent with the Tax Practitioners Board?

The Tax Agent Services Act 2009 and Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009 were introduced last year and to be registered as a BAS Agent one must have the necessary education and work experience to complete a BAS.

You can check the BAS Agent Register to make sure that the person preparing your accounts and lodging your BAS return are a registered Tax or BAS Agent. Both Kelly Migro and E-Accountant Pty Ltd are BAS Agents.  We are able to lodge your BAS returns electronically whether you are using MYOB, Xero or an excel spreadsheet.

Get in touch:

Phone Kelly on:
08 9467 2528

Software we recommend

Xero Bookkeeping Perth  Vend POS Unleashed online inventory